From the Blog

What To Do When There Is No Custody Agreement

When a child is born to married parents, it can be assumed that both parents share physical and legal custody in the same way. This presumption applies until the couple has brought an action in the event of separation or divorce. If you divorce and YOU have to consider custody issues, you deal with custody (through mediation, cooperation or trial) or let a judge decide in court. If you share physical custody, it`s complicated. Read your custody order to find out when it is legal for the other parent to take your child. If you need legal advice regarding your rights as a parent in Tennessee, we advise you to contact us immediately for a first confidential consultation. We can help you understand your options and make an informed decision about what to do next. To speak to a lawyer in our offices in Clarksville or Springfield, call 931-647-1501 or tell us how to help them online today. I know this contribution is older, but I am desperate. I agree to do 50/50 shift and give him the boys the same week as his daughter so they can see their siblings. But he doesn`t want me to leave, so he told me I just had to wait and see my kids until the court decides what happens to the kids. It could take months, and I will do everything I can to be fair to the children involved and to him, but he won`t let me see them when I leave.

What am I supposed to do? It`s not fair to me, I`m trying very hard to get something that goes to meet him and that`s right with both of us? If your child`s name is on the “Don`t Deviate” list, the Transportation Security Authority (ASD) will receive a notification if it scans your child`s passport at the airport. And TSA won`t let your child go through security. If an agreement is reached, both parties will sign the agreement. The judge will sign it and make a formal decision of the Court, and both parties will receive a copy of the order. This is usually a good idea for two reasons. First, a parent may want to make sure of their rights before reaching an agreement. A fair and lasting agreement can be reached if both parents understand their rights. Second, if both parties agree, a lawyer may bring the agreement in as a legally binding court order, which can be enforced through court proceedings if one of the parties does not comply.

Here`s what`s going to happen. He will bring you to justice and tell you that you are denying him access to the child inappropriately. I`ve seen it happen over and over again. The courts do not like this kind of charge, and sometimes even mothers lose custody of that. The best-case scenario, the judge will order something about custody and visitation. In the worst case, you might even lose custody (and by losing, I mean he could get primary physical custody, and you could be the parent with a visit). I said earlier that “losing” custody is not something that usually happens and, in most cases, it is not. It is certainly not as if very good parents could not see their children at all; It is also quite rare that Dad would take primary physical custody (on shared custody) in a case prosecuted. But it can happen, and too often when it happens, the #6 factor is the root of it. If the parents are NOT MARIÉ and NEVER MARIÉs and there is no court order for custody of the child, then the child`s mother has legal custody of that child until a court says otherwise.

Comments are closed.